Sunday, May 16, 2010

To Michael

I loved Michael dearly, I met him when I was very young and he is part of who I am. He was the only person who always understood what I meant without having to explain it all, we used to have a cue, when one of us started to explain or repeat a concept, the other one was to say, "it's me", then we’d smiled and kept going.
Then there was the not so pretty side of Michael, so eventually, when I had my son, I had to keep a distance, and time went by....
Ironically, I always planned to bring Michael into my son's life once he was old enough, for the same mental expansion that I and so many others had experienced thanks to him. Sadly, that was not meant to be. I am thankful to Michael and I am thankful I got to tell him how much he meant to me a few weeks before he died.
He was the most intelligent person I’ve ever known, and extremely generous with his gift and his energy.
You were my mind mate, I miss you Michael.

1 comment:

doccorso said...

It sounds like you were in love with him. How sad indeed to lose someone like that.